Report to Classes - Spring 2014
New Life Community Church (RCA Canada) is seeking a Lead Pastor for its faith community of about 170 believers located in Burnaby, BC, which is a vibrant, fast growing, city with an increasingly diverse and multicultural population.
“Grace to you and peace, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ"
The Regional Synod of Canada is called by
God to mobilize the classes, churches, pastoral leadership, and
laity into mission. Mobilizing for
Mission Support Opportunities
Van Ankums - off to Zambia
Educating Ghana's less fortunate
TRANSFORMED AND TRANSFORMING
Radically Following Christ in
Being led by the Holy Spirit,
serving with each other, embracing
ministry, the Reformed Church in
interconnected strategic priorities:
1) Cultivating Transformation in Christ
• Developing passionate disciples filled with the Holy Spirit and the
truth of the Word who effectively make followers of Jesus who
live and love like him.
• Deepening our spiritual journey in ways that are biblical and
• Loving and embracing all people.
• Opening ourselves humbly to deep change under the guidance of
the Holy Spirit.
• Increasing our personal and corporate devotion to God, emphasizing
prayer and worship.
• Building intentional intergenerational discipling relationships.
• Engaging conflict in healthy and redemptive ways.
2) Equipping Emerging Leaders of Today and Tomorrow
• Increasing the awareness that God is calling youth and young
adults to become leaders.
• Developing youth intentionally for missional, congregational, and
• Mobilizing emerging leaders for service in the church and world.
• Preparing leaders of all ages for fruitful ministry in diverse
• Cultivating diverse and healthy leaders within the total membership
of the body of Christ, so that churches can thrive.
3) Engaging in Christ’s Kingdom
• Contextualizing ministry and church in new and expanded ways.
• Prioritizing youth involvement in missional ministry.
• Serving as agents of renewal through putting our faith in action.
• Promoting justice, compassion, and reconciliation.
• Expanding mission that is both local and global with equal
passion and commitment.
• Equipping existing churches to move outward in ministry.
• Embracing our mission to the world and sharing the good news
of the gospel with everyone.
• Multiplying missional communities and new churches that put the
love of Christ into action.
The Regional Synod of Canada (RSC) is one of eight regional synods in the Reformed Church in America. The Regional Synod of Canada provides spiritual and practical leadership by shepherding leaders, congregations and classes. We cast the vision of the Synod, coordinate new church developments and serves as a catalyst for congregation renewal. more
The Regional Synod of Canada is called by God to mobilize the classes, churches, pastoral leadership, and laity into mission. Mobilizing for Mission will help transform God’s call and our dreams into reality. We mobilize the church by preparing the church and providing resources for mission. Mission is responding to Christ’s call to “Go and make disciples.” more
• Deepening our own faith and
• Introducing a new discipleship process.
We are in the process of seeking God's guidance as to how we, the RSC might live out the above vision faithfully and effectively.
Our Vision states that "
As we completed a visioning process with
Four churches in Classis
Ridder is about changed hearts and we are
hosting a retreat on
Jennifer Lucking, Coordinator of Human Trafficking Outreach, works with congregations to raise awareness about human trafficking and discover together how we can further engage with this issue, either locally in your home community, nationally, or globally. You can contact Jennifer at email@example.com. For more information.
Debbie van Hoeve continues to represent us
on the Christian Reformed Centre for Public Dialogue and is
available to help you understand the struggles and history of
the First Nations in
We thank the churches and individuals who generously support Mobilizing for Mission (MFM). With these funds, we continue to provide grants for church plants, revitalization, pastor sabbaticals and other initiatives.
We are thankful for the articles contributed by you for our articles published in the RCA Today publication. Please continue to send stories to us to publish in RCA Today or on our website. You may also post stories the Regional Synod of Canada Facebook page.
Please remember to send your church’s
prayer requests in order that we can continue to pray for one
The Regional Synod of Canada is responsible for administering insurance and pension plans for pastors and staff, as well as the processing contributions to the RCA and Words of Hope. Barb Laidlaw, Administration Manager oversees this work and we thank God for her faithful work. (over 15 years).
**Please share the following important information with your deacons and treasurers:
1. Our insurance brokers are seeking quotes for Long Term Disability (LTD) since we will no longer be on the RCA plan after June 30, 2014. In the meantime, all LTD premiums paid must be sent to our office and we will forward them to the RCA.
2. We invoice churches monthly for Health Care premiums and contributions to the Pension Plan. It is important that you pay these invoices. If you do not send the pension contributions when required , your pastor and staff pensions will be affected
3. We remind you that all monies to e sent to either the RCA or Words of Hope must be payable to the Regional Synod of Canada and sent to our office. We will not forward monies to Seminaries or other organization in the US.
4. To help us with our cash flow, we ask that the Classes pay the Regional Synod assessments in five equal installments on the following dates - Feb. 28, April 30, June 30, September 30 and November 30.
We welcome Rev. Paul Heidebrecht as a
delegate from Classis Canadian Prairies to the Regional Synod of
Canada. The current delegates to the
Classis Canadian Prairies - Mr. Graham Olson and Rev. Paul Heidebrecht
Treasurer - Mr. Klaas Slagter
Stated Clerk - Mr. Henry Bruines
God bless you!
Now Online Video
Visit to our South Africa
Mission Partnership Site
Powell River, BC
Sign up today to post or
fill volunteer opportunities.
Follow us on Facebook
Share events, stories, resources